Tuesday, September 22, 2009

SU Build a Bear with Cricut clothes


I just got the SU Build A Bear die! It is so adorable. I bought it thinking I could use the Cricut Paperdoll cartridge for outfits. I immediately went to work. Here is my Beary Cute Pumpkin.
I cut the bear out of brown felt instead of paper. I then measured the height of the bear and set my Cricut to that size. I selected the pumpkin costume. Now, I have Design Studio so I am able to see the cut on the screen. I adjust the width a little bit because it looked like it would be a tad bit too small. I cut the pumpkin top three times so I could get the vine and stem. I simply cut those pieces off and glued to the orange piece. I chalked the inside dimension cuts with brown.
I think he turned out so cute! Stay tuned for more ideas with this adorable little bear.
(one thing I didn't like about the bear die cut is the face part where the nose and mouth are cuts completely out of the main image. There is nothing to layer another color onto. )

2 comments:

(Nerdette) Stephanie said...

This die set is so cute. I had been mulling over buying it for a scrapbook page of my daughters recent birthday trip to our local Build a Bear.

Your scrapbook layouts are beautiful. I have added you to my blogger tool bar for inspirations. I am sooo behind in my pages.

scraphappypaperjunkie said...

thanks, Stephanie. I have an idea using the die for a Christmas gift for my daughter. I'll post about it when I finish (if it works out).