Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dustin Pike, Digital Stamps and Challenges



I have been interested in digital stamps lately. When I saw the challenge on the Critter Sketch Challenge blog I couldn't wait to try it. The sponsor for May is Dustin Pike and Doodle Dragon Studio. He has the most adorable images. I found a freebie image on his blog and thought it would be perfect for a "thinking of you" card. This card actually qualifies for two challenges too! The Critter Sketch Challenge was to use a sketch provided and the color green. The challenge on the Doodle Dragon Studio challenge blog was to use green, pink and white and a Doodle Dragon image.
I thought this little guy was so cute. I printed out several and colored the wings a couple of different ways but decided I liked it best with most of the wing white with just a little color.


I used watercolor pencils and a blender pen to color the bear. For the wings I wanted a more vibrant color so I used my SU markers in Pink Passion and Green Galore. I then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the wings. The card base is SU Pink Passion, the green cs is Green Galore and the lighter pink is SU Pretty in Pink. The dp is some I had in my scrap stash. I used felt flowers from SU Flower Fusion and SU Sweet Pea felt flowers (center). The rectangle panel, image panel and sentiment are popped up with dimensionals. The green dp is cut with Spellbinders scallop circle die. On the side of the card, I used Green Galore and white cs and added the dp with the edge punched with SU Scalloped Trim border punch.
I think that's about it. I hope you enjoyed my card!





8 comments:

Melanie said...

Michele I love your card, super fabulous. Thank you for playing with the Critter challenge. ;-)

Gramma said...

What a great card!!!!!! You are so right.. he is thinking of you...

Kathryn B said...

He is so adorable! Your right the wings do look nice white with the pops of accent color!
Thanks for taking The Critter Sketch challenge this week!

terrie said...

what a thinker that this bear is...awesome card..

Angelwood said...

That is adorable! Thanks for playing along at Critter Sketch Challenges. hugs, Angela

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing at the Critter Challenge Blog.

Moira said...

Such a fun card!

Thanks for joining us at the Critter Challenge Blog... hope to see you again next week!

Lelia Pierce said...

This is gorgeous!!! Of course it's good enough! Thanks for playing along with us at Doodle Dragon Studios!

Hugs,
Lelia