Saturday, May 22, 2010

Patriotic Mojo

The challenge over at Mojo Monday was a sketch challenge using this sketch:
I also combined it with the challenge at Pals Paper Arts. Their challenge #43 was a theme challenge - Memorial Day. Here's what I created!












I used white, Real Red, Brilliant Blue and Kraft cs. I stamped the stars from Background Basics using Real Red ink on the red cs. I used my SU markers in Read Red and Brilliant blue to color and stamp the image. I did the same thing with the sentiment part of the stamp on the kraft cs. I then ran the edge of the white image cs along my Brilliant Blue ink pad. The star is an old SU chipboard piece covered with Creative Memories paper. I haven't used chipboard accents much but I like how this one turned out. I popped up the star with a dimensional and the image panel with a smaller dimensional.

Supplies:
Paper - SU Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Kraft, White, CM star dp
ink - Real Red, Brilliant Blue
Stamps - God Bless America, Background Basics
SU chipboard star
white ribbon
dimensionals

Challenges:
Mojo Monday #139
Pals Paper Arts #43

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The chipboard star is the perfect embellishment! Great job with both challenges - thanks for joining us at PPA!

Ann Schach said...

Your chipboard star is fabulous! I love the paper you used, too! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Sue Lelli said...

GREAT card and the chipboard is the perfect touch! LOVE it!