Saturday, May 22, 2010

2 challenges = Pink Mambo Breeze

This week's challenge over on the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog was to use the following sketch:




I decided to combine the sketch challenge with a color challenge at Color Throwdown. Challenge #93 at Color Throwdown was to use Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo and Baja Breeze. Here is what I came up with:



I used all Stamping Up paper. Melon Mambo is my base; the blue scalloped strips are from Delicate Dots pack; the pink floral is from Sweet Always pack; I used Pretty in Pink textured cs to mat the white cs image. The image on the front of the card is from Vintage Vogue and the sentiment inside is from Whimsical Words. The image and sentiment are stamped in Melon Mambo ink. The image panel on the front is popped up with dimensionals.

The flower was made using the Fan Fold Flower technique. You can find the instructions and a video tutorial here on Splitcoast Stampers. My scallop strip was 1"wide. Next time I would probably make it 3/4" or 1/2" wide. A tip for the flower, you need a good strong adhesive for it. When I first made it, I just used my tape runner and a few hours later, it fell off it's base. I added some adhesive tape and it seems to be fine now. The butterfly is something I had in my stash.

Supplies used:
paper - SU Melon Mambo, Delicate Dots dp, Sweet Always dp, Pretty in Pink textured cs, white cs
ink - Melon Mambo
stamp sets - SU Vintage Vogue, Whimsical Words
SU Scallop border punch
dimensionals
technique - Fan Fold Flower on Splitcoast Stampers

Challenges:
Critter Sketch Challenge #14
Color Throwdown #93

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed it!

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty! I love the flower you made and the image works so nicely with the DP! Thanks for playing this week.

Nancy said...

Pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card! Flower is really clever!

Kathryn B said...

Wow! What a beautiful big bold flower! You did a fabulous job with this weeks sketch and the colors are beautiful also!
Thanks for joining The Critter Sketch Challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

very cute card and love the finished inside as well!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Pretty card! Love the flower! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!