Monday, June 28, 2010

Critter Sketch Challenge #20

Today's post is my DT card for the Critter Sketch Challenge. This is our last week with Softpencil as our sponsor. Elizabeth has the cutest digital images and I have really enjoyed creating with them this month. If you have checked them out yet, head on over there!

This week's challenge was a sketch challenge. It is a wonderful sketch by Kelly Haberstroh.


I used the Japanese Girl image for my card. I colored her with SU Watercolor pencils. The base cs is SU Mellow Moss. The red paper and yellow dp is from an old CM paper pack called Asian Miyabi. I used a CM corner punch on the image panels.
Ok, now I've got say I love how the butterflies turned out. I stamped in Baroque Burgundy on More Mustard cs with the flower stamp from SU Elements of Style set and then punched the butterflies with the CM butterfly punch. I scored the center of the butterfly to fold the wings up some and adhered with glue dots. I did the same technique for the green circles on the center horizontal panel. The image panel and sentiment piece are popped up with dimensionals.
Supplies:
cardstock - SU mellow moss, white
dp paper - CM Asian Miyabi pack
ink - Baroque Burgundy
watercolor pencils
butterfly punch
1/2" circle punch
dimensionals
stamps - Softpencil Japanese Girl; SU Elements of Style, Friend to Friend.
Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment and let me know you were here and follow along with my blog to see what I create next.







7 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great take on this weeks sketch, wonderful combination of colors.

Nancy said...

Very cute card and great colors. That image is adorable!

Jacki Randolph said...

Michele, this is adorable. Love your butterflys!!! Love the colors, so pretty!

Melanie said...

This is so super precious, perfect card. Thanks for a great DT post this week.

Kathryn B said...

Nice job with this weeks sketch Michelle! Your image is adorable!

Heidi said...

Beautiful card! I love the butterflies and the colours you used! Great take on the sketch.

Basement Stamper said...

very cute, love the addition of the butterflies!