Thursday, June 3, 2010

Purple Peacock

It's been a week since I have played in my craft room! I was having withdrawals. LOL! Why haven't I played? Well, this week is recital week at our house. Our two daughters both dance and tomorrow is the big spring recital. There have been several extra practices to prepare for it. On top of that, let's add in a 3 day soccer camp for one daughter, discovered a problem with our business's P&L for May and had to work on that, and then I had to do some VBS stuff too. whew! I just had to play tonight, I couldn't stand it anymore. So, here is my card. The challenge at Critter Sketch Challenge was to use purple and flowers. Doodle Dragon Designs has been the sponsor and this was their last challenge as sponsor. I decided to use this image by Dustin Pike and is part of his Doodle Dragon Zoo collection. You can see the whole collection here. The challenge on the Doodle Dragon Studios Challenge blog was to use flowers. I printed it out on SU white glossy paper and embossed it with black ep. Since the printer ink stays wet longer on glossy paper it worked great.

I colored the peacock with SU markers and used a blender pen to try and blend the colors. I think I managed to blend them together pretty good. The base is embossed with my Big Shot and the SU Sizzix texture plate, Damask.

The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge. I just turned it. The challenge at Delightful Sketches was to use texture.

Supplies used:
markers: Orchid Opulence, Taken w/Teal, Crushed Curry, Lavender Lace, Dusty Durango, Ballet Blue, Lovely Lilac

black ink, embossing powder

paper: Taken w/Teal cs, white glossy cs, black cs, CM purple dp

Crushed curry ribbon

Prima flowers

K&Company gems

SU Sizzix Damask texture plate

dimensionals

8 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

What a super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Gramma said...

Great card!... love how you put all the different techniques together!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Sketches,
Hugs Dianne xx

my5bratz said...

thanks for joining us at DDS with this fab card :0)

Kathryn B said...

This little peacock is so adorable! Nice job with the sketch and welcome to the Critter Sketch design team!

Lelia Pierce said...

Too stinking cute! I love the colors you used for the peacock! Thanks for playing along with us at Doodle Dragon Studios!

Hugs,
Lelia

Lisa said...

Love this!!!! So cute and love your colors too! Thanks for joining us at Digital Delights!

Bekah said...

Your coloring is great!