Saturday, July 24, 2010

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!

I am hosting my first swap on Splitcoast Stampers. I have participated in numerous swaps for page kits but I don't always use the borders so I thought I would host a borderless summertime page kit swap. I made a kit with an ice cream theme. Yum! I used the SU Sweet Scoops set for my inspiration.



I stamped and scanned in the scoop of ice cream. I then brought the scanned image into Make the Cut (loving this program). I just used a triangle for the cone and embossed the cone with Sizzix Harlequin plate and the ice cream with Sizzix Flourish plate (both from SU). I cut the tag with Tags, Bags, Boxes & More. The word "sweet" is cut with Cuttin' Up. I sponged the edges of the pink scoops of ice cream with Pretty in Pink SU ink. The polka dot dp is Doodlebug Design. I picked it up at the scrapbook expo in Duluth, GA. It thought it just screamed ice cream. I got the ribbon at the expo also but to my suprise the business is located about 20 mins from me. I will be visiting them often. The large scoop of chocolate is an added bonus. I messed up on the sizing for the journal box and had to re-cut them so I threw the darker chocolate in anyway.

Makes me want a big scoop of cold, creamy ice cream! Perfect for hot summertime weather.

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about it so please leave a comment.

No comments: