Saturday, July 17, 2010

Marking your place

I am participating in a bookmark swap on Splitcoast Stampers. I am an avid reader but I am always misplacing bookmarks. This is a great way to combine three of my favorite things: paper crafting, reading and my Cricut.

The first bookmark I made used the Home Accents and George cartridges. I used the accent at the top and bottom of the bookmark from the Home Accents cartridge with a rounded corner rectangle from the George cartridge. I didn't like how DS was welding them together so I pulled them into Make the Cut and it turned out great. ( I can't tell you how to do this because they are copyright images from a Cricut cartridge but it was pretty easy.) The image I stamped is from SU's Oh So Lovely set and colored with watercolor pencils. I then used my Zig 2 way glue pen and went around the edges and dabbed in black glitter. I punched a hole in the top for a black eyelet and added two different fibers.

The next bookmark I made using my Cricut also. The image is from the Home Accents cartridge.

The Gable Green piece is cut at 3" and the white piece is cut at 2 7/8". I used my new gel pens called Cri-Kits on this card. They are gel pens for the Cricut and used just like the markers. I picked them up at scrapbook expo I attended last weekend. More about those in another post. The one I used was a pink glitter one. You can see the glitter a little in the 2nd photo. How did I do this? I'm glad you asked! LOL! This particular image has two cut lines - an inner and an outer. When I cut the 2 7/8" piece, I first hid the outer line using the "hide" feature in Design Studio. I then had the Cricut draw the pink line on the inner cut line. I did this twice to get a darker pink. I then "unhid" the outer line and "hid" the inner line and had the Cricut cut it. It was several steps but I like the effect. I can't wait to play with those pens some more. The sentiment is from SU's Quotes To Live By set and stamped in Pink Passion. The vine is from SU's Vintage Vogue and stamped in Green Galore. I added a Flora Doodles flower and some SU Pretty in Pink ribbon.

Who wouldn't want to mark their place with one of these? Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Challenges one or both qualify for:
Anything Goes Challenge Blog: sparkle and shine
Aud Sentiments: Challenge #6 - no sentiment (my first bookmark)

Next week I am going to post about some of the booths and products I saw at the scrapbook expo recently in Atlanta, GA. Why not become a follower or, better yet, subscribe so won't miss a thing!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

What beautiful bookmarks! I love the shape of them. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Julie said...

Wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

Melanie said...

This are georgous and so crafty. Super lovely work!!!