Monday, August 23, 2010

Red, Striped & Summery!


It's time for another Monday challenge at the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog! This week we have a special challenge hostess from our very own DT, Moira Coward from DT #1! Here is her challenge to us: use the color red and striped patterned paper somewhere on your creation. I'd love to see something summer related. It can be a scrapbook page from a trip this summer or summers past or a summer related activity. If you create a card or other project, it could contain suns, bright colors, etc. The sky's the limit but remember - color red, striped patterned paper and summery.


I've got about 75 gift card holders to make so thought I would think along those lines. I really like making this pocket card but I'll not be making 75. You can find the directions for this double diagonal pocket card here on SCS.

I used SU cs and the dp is from the Basic Grey Lemonade Paper Pad. The felt flowers are SU and the felt butterfly and ladybug on the tag is from K&Company. I hand cut the tag and added SU ribbon.

It's not a difficult pocket card to make but I used solid color cardstock instead of double sided paper so that added to the time. I really like how it turned out though.


limeLight Papercrafts is our sponsor for the month of August. If you haven't visited their website, hop on over there. They are having a great sale and have some fabulous products! I've got an order on the way and can't wait to play.


I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
Totally Paper Crafts : #30 summer fun
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: #36 flower power

Don't forget to check out the other creations from the Critter Sketch Challenge Design Team

If you are interested in being on the Critter Sketch Challenge DT, there is a DT call going on right now. You can check out the details here.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to say Hi!

15 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful double pocket card! The embellishments look great with your choice of papers!

Nancy said...

MIchele, your pocket card is just beautiful!!!

Jacquie said...

Wow, love the double pocket card!! Those those colours :)

Lindsey said...

Ooooh! I love the pockets and the bright colours are so cheery! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Basement Stamper said...

Great double pocket card! Love the bright yellow & red on it.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is a great pocket card (thanks for the link). Love the summery colours and the embellies look fab.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Rose said...

WOW, I love your choice of paper, fabulous details, so much fun stuff to look at. Beautiful work.

Sue said...

Hi ya
fabulous card, luv the summer colours, great design,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Melanie said...

Michele your amazing!!! I LOVE THIS!! I love the colors and love the layout, You did an amazing job on your DT card.

Moira said...

This is a beautiful take on my challenge!

Thanks!!

Craftyanny said...

A great card, gorgeous summery colours and great colouring too
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts

Anne x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful pocket card!! Love your bright colors and your choice of dp!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just noticed your challenges....Thanks for joining the Stamp and Create challenge this month!! What a great use of flowers!

Kathryn B said...

What a beautiful gift card holder this is!!! Love all the felt decorations and the colors rock!

Heidi said...

hehehe, I am leaving a comment on behalf of another challenge, I am a guest DT member for Stamp and Create for August and September! I love your felt flowers, really pretty. Good look making so many! Thank you for playing along with the Stamp and Create Flower Challenge.