Saturday, August 28, 2010

Roses, Circles, Butterflies and fishing!

I organized a Ladies Craft Night at my church. Everyone was to bring whatever craft they enjoy to work on. I didn't want to leave out any ladies that didn't do any type of crafting so I came up with four cards and a mini scrapbook album. I pre-cut all the pieces for each card and typed up the directions for each.



This card is my favorite. I used the Circle Circus set from SU on the top half. The striped dp was some I picked up at HL and I don't know because as a whole 12x12 sheet it was not appealing. I really like it on this card though. I added a strip of cs in Really Rust to tie the dp and stamped part together. The word is popped up with dimensionals.







I got the idea for this card from this card on SCS. I tweaked it a little to make it more "supply" friendly. I used the MS doily edge punch for the white and black. The stamp set is SU Elements of Style.







This is another card I cased from SCS. The cased card is here. I decided to use the border punch on the top of the kraft piece also. The butterflies are punced and embossed with the SU Sizzix Embosslit Beautiful Wings. I ended up using the CM butterfly punch for the craft night cards though because punching went much faster and I needed 20 in each color.




This last card is for the guys. The base is SU Kraft cs. The dp is some old CM paper I had. One is green checked and the other is a brown plaid. I stamped the image in Choc. Chip and swiped the edges of the vanilla cs across the Forest Green ink pad. The image piece is popped up with dimensionals.


We didn't have a big group for our first craft night but those that came really enjoyed making the cards and some even tried their hand at creating their own designs. I had brought lots of extra supplies for them to work with. I'll post the mini photo album just as soon as I take photos of it. It is a really easy and quick album to make.

2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love the butterfly card. Simple layout but the varied colors make them really POP off the card.

TN Granny said...

Michele,
All four of your cards are darling it looks like you have a real talent for card making. I love butterflies so that has to be my favorite.
God Bless,
Jeanine