Monday, September 6, 2010

Critter Sketch Challenge #30

It's Monday and a new month so that means two things: it's time for a new Critter Sketch Challenge and a new sponsor! This month the sponsor is Sew Many Cards. There are some really adorable images available so go check them out. Now, on to the challenge! This week it is a sketch challenge. I knew right away that I wanted to use this adorable image that Sew Many Cards gave the design team to use.

I tried two new things with this card. First, I colored it completely in Photoshop Elements. I am trying to learn my way around that program and I am tickled pink that I figured out how to color in it. I printed it twice and cut out the whole image of one and the cupcake on the other copy and popped them both up with dimensionals. I added glitter to frosting on the cupcake too. The light blue cs was embossed with my Big Shot and the Spots and Dots cuttlebug folder. The green striped paper is SU and teh red dp is CM. I punched a scallop circle with a CM punch and the white circle is also a CM punch. The second new thing I tried was the stitching. I am teaching my youngest dd to sew and we are making a denim jumper for her American Girl doll. My sewing machine just happened to have red thread in it and I thought that area of the card needed something else so I thought "why not!" I have been wanting to try sewing on a card so it seemed like the perfect time. It's not evenly stitched but it's a start.

Don't forget to check out the other Design Team members projects and play along with us this week!


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I love your card. Michele! I like how you cut little Jaden out and used that blue embossed paper behind him. Great colors too!

daisey1977 said...

This is absolutely adorable!! Wonderful color combinations!!

Basement Stamper said...

Fantastic colors for this wonderful birthday card! Perfect image for the layout.

Melanie said...

Michele you did a super amazing job. This image is so precious and you worked so well with it. Great stitching down the side. Fabulous DT post!!!