Thursday, September 30, 2010

Designing for Deedee!

Guess what?!! October 1st marks my first day as a design team member for Deedee's Digis! Deedee's Digis has lots and lots of wonderful digital stamps. The owner, Deedee Anderson, is very talented and makes some really great images. She also includes several sentiments and scripture verses with her sets. I love that! Here is a card I made for SC300 on SCS. I used the new Be Jolly set from Deedee's Digis.

I tried the coloring technique using colored pencils and gamsol. Not sure I like it. I actually ended up using my SU watercolor crayons because I couldn't get pencils to blend. I tried watercolor pencils and crayola pencils. If you have any tips, they would be greatly appreciated. I added crystal effects to the black belt and boots and white flocking to the fur trim on Santa's suit. I put gold stickles on the belt buckle and used a gold pen for the present's bow. The paper is from a Paper Studio paper stack called All Seasons. The 'Ho Ho Ho' is also in this digi stamp set. I changed the color in photoshop from black to red. I did the same thing with 'Merry Christmas' from the set and put it inside the card. So what do you think?


Deedee's Digis also has a challenge blog, Crafting with Deedee's Digis. There is a new challenge every Monday. You do have to use Deedee's Digi to be eligible to win that week but, if you use a Deedee's Digi on your card, you will get the weekly $1 digi for free. That's a prize just for entering a card in the challenge. There is always a 'try before you buy' free digi in the store. I have really gotten into digis since I got Photoshop elements. Check back tomorrow to see a card I made using some of Deedee's images and what I did to them in Photoshop.



I love reading your comments so be sure to say hi!

2 comments:

Deedee Anderson said...

What a fun Christmas card, Michele! I'm sorry you had a tough time blending the pencils, but you did such a beautiful job with your watercolors crayons. The glossy accents are wonderful, and I really like how you did the greeting. I don't use my colored pencils much these days because I get frustrated with them breaking on me -- LOL -- but what I've found works for me is to use a slightly dry Prismacolor blending marker instead of Gamsol and blending stump, and to blend in circles from the darkest area to the lightest. Does that make sense? Not sure if it's something you want to try, but I've had great success with it. Hugs, Deedee

Deedee Anderson said...

P.S. I forgot to tell you how excited I am that you've joined our team! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you and working with you! :-)