Monday, October 11, 2010

Bah Humbug! or is it...

It's Monday everyone so that means a fabulous new Critter Sketch Challenge! Thank you to everyone who joined us last week. I have to say that I designed the sketch last week and it was so fun to see everyone's projects using it. You gals are FABULOUS! Ok, so October is sketch month for the Critter challenges. We also have a new sponsor for this month. It is Meljen's Designs. Melissa gave the DT some adorable images to work with and I had a hard time deciding which one I wanted to use. If you haven't seen the images from Meljen's Designs, you just have to go check them out. They can be found at Whimsy Stamps.

So onto to the challenge. Like I said, all month will be sketch challenges. I love, love, love sketches. That's half the work of card making, I think. Someone else has done that for me, woo hoo! I decided to use the adorable, but grumpy looking, Gruffy Little Gnome from Meljen's Designs.


I used my copics to color the little dude and think I did a pretty good job. I just may be getting the hang of those things. The dp is from Paper Studio's All Seasons stack, the ribbon is SU. Ok, so then I came to the sentiment. Hmmm, he really looks like he is saying "Bah Humbug" but I didn't have a stamp for that so I went with a not-so-obvious-by-looking-at-him sentiment, "You make me smile". (See, I think he is really grinning behind the very high turtle neck he's wearing. ) The tag had me discovering another reason why I am loving my copics. I did not have a red brad so I took a silver one and colored it with my cardinal (R59) marker. Ok, gotta get me s'more of those markers.

Be sure to check out the other Critter Design Teams' projects for this challenge.
thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment to say hi!
Michele

3 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Your card does make me smile! Wonderful!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Too cute. I Love the red and blue combo too.

TN Granny said...

Michele,
You did a wonderful coloring with your Copic's and your card is darling.
God Bless,
Jeanine