Monday, October 25, 2010

Critter Challenge # 37

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. I worked on swaps all day Saturday and participated in the mini-VSBN on SCS. The main VSBN will be Nov. 5th & 6th so try to join us! So, it's Monday and that means another fabulous challenge at the Critter Sketch Challenge blog. Continuing this month is another wonderful sketch to play with.

Our sponsor for October is Meljen's Designs and there are soooooo many adorable images it is sometimes hard to decide. You can find them all at Whimsy Stamps here.


I chose Meljen's digi stamp - Stuffed Elephant. There are a couple of new or expectant moms at my church so I made this card for one of them.

The cardstock is Cool Caribean and the dp is some I've had in my stash for a long time. It is a light green color but doesn't show up in the photo well. I colored the image with copics (B02, B95) and used the colorless blender to lighten up the cheek circles and toes. The inner tag is punched with the SU tag punch and I matted and free hand cut the outer tag mat. The word "baby" is from SU's All Year cheer II set. I colored a white brad with copic marker G14 and added stickles to it. I had some ABC blocks in my stash and put them on top of the buttons and then added the white ribbon and popped up the image and tag with dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed my card for the Critter Sketch Challenge. Stop by and play with us for a chance to win a prize. Don't forget to visit the rest of the DT for some fabulous inspiration!

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments: #13 - baby related

Stamp Something: use a digi image

Meljen's Designs: #30 anything goes

Copic Creations: #37 colorless blender techniques

One Stitch At A time: #36 Any Celebration


7 comments:

mforquer said...

This is adorable!! love that stuffed elephant image!! Great color combo you chose and it's all perfect for a sweet baby card. Thanks for playing at Meljen's Designs this week!
Melissa

Dawn said...

Such a cute card, perfect. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

Jacki Randolph said...

Hi Michelle, such a sweet baby card! Beautiful colouring, and those ABC blocks are just perfect with this image.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

How cute is this! Love that sweet elephant and the adorable abc's!

Brenda Brown said...

Great card and layout Michele, love the colours and the pink heart is a lovely touch. Thankyou for entering this with us at OSAAT this week. Luv Brenda xxx

Audrey said...

Super cute! I love that elephant!
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our October monthly drawing going on right now.

mycardz said...

Awww, what an adorable card! Love this iamage and your coloring. Awesome job on this challenge! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations!! hugz, Mary