Friday, October 22, 2010

Deedee's Digis Thankful Thoughts Blog Hop

I think Fall is my favorite season. I mean you have the crisp cool air, beautiful rich colors through the trees and one of my favorite holidays - Thanksgiving. Though we should be thankful every day for our family, friends and all things that have been provided to us, this time of year really seems to bring it front and center. Not only is it a time of thanksgiving, it is also a time of giving. As you reflect on what you are thankful for this season, how about giving to those in need.
I am so glad you are hopping with us today for Deedee's Digis Thankful Thoughts Blog Hop. Deedee's design team has some wonderful projects to share with you so be sure you visit each stop along the way. You are sure to be inspired! If you just came from Melissa's blog, you are on the right track. If not, you can start the hop at Crafting with Deedee's Digis, start there by clicking here. Deedee has a special blog hop only free digi for you!

Now, onto my project. I always browse the $1 aisle/bins at Michaels looking for items I can alter/revamp/redo. I hit it a few weeks ago when everything was 60% off in that aisle! Among some of the items I got were a few 5x7 journals (these weren't on sale but were less than $2 ea).


........

I used SU paper (Bella Rose) and a verse from Deedee's Digis Words of Thanksgiving set. I cut the tags with my Cricut and added the red satin ribbon. Now check out the flowers! The flowers were made using 4 prima flowers each. I found the tutorial here to make them. One tip, use tacky glue that will hold quickly or it will take forever. The flowers I used were pink but I sponged them with Rose Red ink. This was a quick and easy project that would make a great gift.

Here's how the hop works:
To participate, visit each of the participating designers' blogs to see a fun project using one of Deedee's Digis, and leave a comment on their post for a chance to win a free digi of your choice from the store! You have until 12 noon ET on Sunday to comment. Each designer will choose a winner Sunday evening. All winners will be announced on the Crafting with Deedee's Digis blog Monday. Be sure to check back then to see if you have won! Your next stop is Robin's blog.

Here is the blog hop line-up:

Crafting with Deedee's Digis (start here)
April
Ceal
Darsie
Deedee
Jerusha
Kathy
Kelly
Lawren
Melissa
Michele(me)
Robin
Sandy

Before you go hopping off, be sure to leave a comment here to win a free Deedee's digi of your choice. Again, you have until 12 noon Eastern time on Sunday to comment. Thanks so much for hopping through today.

24 comments:

April said...

Michelle - this is gorgeous!! I hate to admit that I have never tried my hand at altering....I will have to try making those flowers too....have some I just haven't known what to do with!

Tricia said...

Oh, how pretty!!! That paper just makes it and the verse is perfect. TFS!!

Barb said...

WOW--so pertty! Love the paper too!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Gorgeous, love the colors and the DP with roses, setting of the verse.

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely stunning, Michelle! Bella Rose remains one of my all time fave DSP's from SU! This is super beautiful, the papers just really brings the scripture to full circle - fabulous project, m'dear! x0x0

Marlene said...

Wow - this is beautiful!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow indeed Michele! This is so bold and vibrant, but yet so elegant and charming. What a delight to see!

Purple Card Lady said...

Gorgeous!! Simply gorgeous! TFS!

TN Granny said...

Michele,
Absolutely beautiful card and I so love the flowers you made.
Stampin Hugs,
Jeanine

KER said...

that's a beautiful scripture...and something to take to heart...the flowers on the corner bring the bg paper to life

KER said...

and thanks for the link to the tutorial..i'm going to try it

Lori said...

I love this....so Victorian looking. And I love that sort of look. Always enjoy seeing people design with the Bible! Keep up the good work. thanks for sharing!

DQ said...

What awesome looking flowers, great job on the altering journal.

Robin Parker said...

How beautiful is that. Very elegant is this card. Love the pink combination and the flowers.

Great job!

Tink said...

Beautiful Card!

linda said...

Stunning> I need to try the flowers.

Ceal said...

Beautiful!!! thanks for sharing

Moments by Marla said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Don't you just love Michaels. They have such neat stuff and then when you put your own touch on it, you have a masterpiece. Thank you for some great inspiration.

Linda said...

What a beautiful card you have created!!

Kards by Kathi said...

Great blog and terrific blog. Thanks for sharing. Love your beautiful project.
catlady709@comcast.net

Lawren said...

Your altered journal turned out beautiful. Great job.

Debra said...

Wow! Beautiful! Thanks for letting me play. I am a new follower.

xdebrax@yahoo.com

Tammy Miller said...

So very cute. Your image is just fantastic and colored beautifully!

Deedee Anderson said...

This is stunning, Michele! Some of my all-time fav papers and colors -- it really catches my eye! Don't you love when you can find good bargains to play with? Thanks for sharing the tip about how to make those lovely flowers! Hugs, Deedee