Friday, October 1, 2010

You Are My Sunshine!

I am so excited about this card! I LOVE how it turned out and I love what I figured out and accomplished in Photoshop to create it.


I used a couple of Deedee's Digis for it. The sunflower, jar and sentiment in the label are from the "My Sunshine" set which you can find here. The label on the jar is from "Handmade with Love" set found here. There is one sunflower in the jar in the set. In Photoshop Elements, I cropped the sunflower, flipped it and added it to the other sunflower in the jar. I added the label and the sentiment inside the label. I then colored it all in photoshop including the highlights and shadows. I printed two and cut the flower top and label off one copy and popped up with dimensionals on the other one. So, now you know why I am so excited about this card. The best part is I don't have to do it all over again because it is saved and can be printed as many times as I want.


This is for a few challenges:

One Stitch At A Time: anything goes
Mojo Monday: #158 Square or round sketch
Crafting with Deedee's Digis: harvest theme (these sunflowers were harvested for someone special)
Stamp and Create.com: #5 use pearls or gems (I used gems)
Anything Goes: #18 going round in circles
Digital Tuesday Challenge: #78 a card to say Thank you with (mine doesn't say Thank You but it could be for someone to thank)
Creative Card Crew: use flowers



I hope you enjoyed my card today! Be sure to say hi!

16 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Oh! It really is gorgeous. LOve the colours. Thank you soooo much for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Chrissyxx

paulssandy said...

What a nice card. Love the sunflower image. Thankyou for entering it this weeks Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Jayne said...

The sunflowers look great Michelle, you did an awesome job. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

April said...

Wow, can you come teach me to use Photoshop?? I love your card and you are right - can be printed whenever you need it!! WOOTWOOT

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Great card, love what you did with the sunflowers.

Love crafts forever said...

So cute. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

Maria Matter said...

adorable hun, love the sunflowers!

Kerry said...

Great "round" card with a lovely image. Thanks for joining us at "Anything Goes" this week. Love Kerry x

Deedee Anderson said...

This is fabulous, Michele!!! I love what you did with the flowers, and how you used the label from the other set to create such a fun scene. How exciting for you that you are learning new things in Photoshop, too! Isn't it a fun program? Hugs, Deedee

angelwhispers said...

Wonderful colours and I just love the design!! Thanks for joining us over at Anything Goes this week your entry is just perfect!! Love Chanelle xx

Sandy said...

Very pretty and fall looking! I love it!

ona_i_ja said...

Michelle, Your Card is stunning. I love it (image, and colours and your design).
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us at OSAAT this week. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Caroline said...

Stunning card!!! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Card crew. Caroline x

paulssandy said...

Nice Circle card! Love the dimension of the flower. Thank you for joining us this week at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

TN Granny said...

Michele, What a cute card I've heard alot about Photoshop guess we'll have to talk! I love Sunflowers and the shape of your card is precious.
God Bless,
Jeanine

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card! Very creative! I love your take on the Pearls and Gems challenge!
Thanks for playing along with the Stamp and Create challenge last month. We have another new challenge this month: Pink for breast cancer awareness or an encouraging card. I hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com