Friday, November 19, 2010

Deedee's Digis 'Tis Better To Give' Blog Hop

Can you believe it is just 36 days left until Christmas? I think my favorite gifts to give for Christmas are the ones I make. One year I made about two dozen jars of cookie mixes and gave them to family and friends. This blog hop is all about giving. If you hopped here from Sandy's blog, you are on the right track. If not, start at Crafting with Deedee's Digis where you will find the blog hop directions, a chance to win a $15 store credit and a FREE digi. You are sure to be inspired with fabulous stocking stuffer and gift ideas for this holiday season.

I actually have two projects to show you today. The first one is a 5x5 notebook I found in M's $1 aisle. I LOVE M's and Target's $1 aisles. The one pictured here is similar to one I used.

I covered the inside front with burgundy cs and added three of the poinsettias from Beauty of the Season set. I colored them with copics and cut them out. The sentiment on the inside and the outside is also from the set. I covered the front with dp and added a Martha Stewart pre-made border in gold to the binding and trimmed pieces to make the gold top of an ornament.



My second project is a baby jar filled with Hershey Kisses. I wrapped dp around the jar and black gingham ribbon to the top and bottom of the dp. The image is from the Merry & Bright set. I used copics for all but the black which was done with a SU marker. I cut a black circle and a matching dp circle with the Creative Memories cutting system for the lid and added ribbon around it. I topped it off with a Hershey Kiss and it is ready to give!

Before you leave, be sure to comment so you will have a chance to win a free digi from Deedee's Digis. You have until noon eastern time on Sunday and winners will be announced on Monday at Crafting with Deedee's Digis.
Thank you so much for joining us for this blog hop. I hope you enjoyed my projects and the projects from the other DT members and were inspired to 'give a gift from the heart'.


36 comments:

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Very nice job, cute!

Paula said...

Great projects and you may send that darling jar of goodies right along to me! Your coloring is perfect!

Lauren said...

So cute! I am loving these images!

Lauren

MiamiKel said...

Oh these are just perfect :) I love how you took something and made it your own! What great gifts to receive, made from the heart and especially from you to them - fabulous! Have a blessed weekend! x0x0

Anne Marie said...

Love both of these fun ideas! What a creative way to re-cover that notebook and that image on the treat jar just makes me smile! Lots of great inspiration from you gals today! Thank you so much! :)

Robin Parker said...

All three gifts are great. My favorite is the jars with the silly penguins on them and full of sweet treats.

Stephanie said...

Very cute!

TN Granny said...

Michele,
You always come up with the cutest ideas, thanks for sharing.
Big stampin hugs,
Jeanine

Ceal said...

great projects and super cute merry and bright jar! TFS

Rhonda Miller said...

These are both great ideas. TFS.

Jerusha said...

I am loving your gift ideas! The notebook is a really neat idea and I love what you have done with the baby food jar! Great gift ideas! I am going to have to use them in the future! :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i am speechless! i love the card and the candy jar is fantabulous!

hugs :)

DQ said...

The baby bottle set is so sweet,
TFS

Sandy said...

These are wonderful! I love the card and the baby food jar is a wonderful idea! Beautifully done!

Kathy Czygan said...

That notebook is a wonderful little gift! You've decorated it beautifully! Love the little jars of candy too! The penguins are so comical and cute! Great projects! Thanks for sharing these ideas!

Michelle said...

Love your projects!

Lori said...

Very cute ideas!

Debbie D said...

What cute ideas. Love the penguins.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Very cute. Love those penguins! Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

What a cute idea the kisses jar is. Great coloring. Your notebook is so pretty too.

thinker said...

I love the notebook... and the baby jar - wow, how neat to take something so very ordinary and turn it in to a extraordinary gift!

Tink said...

TOO CUTE!

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh I love this....so clever on both the card and gift jar.....but I would need the whole bag of kisses...then have to go back to the store to buy more....eat them...go to store....I think I might have to go with somethings else other than kisses.....tfs

Lori said...

Penguins are so cute. TFS

Deedee Anderson said...

How FUN, Michele! I love that you took some simple things and made them into beautiful gifts. The notebook is gorgeous -- you colored the poinsettias so beautifully and those papers are so elegant. The jar of kisses is just adorable -- love how you added a kiss on top of the jar. Of course, if this were for me, the jar would need to be MUCH taller -- LOL! Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas! Hugs, Deedee

jperr said...

Very cute projects,love the images.
Jocelan

Kards by Kathi said...

Love your use of the digi stamp and your projects are great. Thanks for sharing.

campbelljudy1228 said...

The card is really cute and the baby food jars are adorable. What a cute way to reuse those jars! Thanks so much for sharing.

Josephine Cox said...

How cute is your idea. Love it.

Patti P. said...

Both of these are wonderful. Love the coloring and both would make such nice gifts...good ones to have on hand just in case. Tfs.

Peggy said...

Michele, love your project. I have enjoyed the blog hop. Thanks for he opportunity to win.

timmermanp@bellsouth.net

Sammibug said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the baby food jar!

Phyllis said...

Cute projects. Love the digi images you used.

Vana63 said...

cute projects and I luv those Penquins! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!

Shelly said...

Your notebook is gorgeous, Michele. A very outstanding project. You were so creative in making use of the opening in the notebook cover.

I love the decorated baby food jar idea. They would make excellent gifts for my hubby's students. Now I just need to find enough baby food jars from my younger friends. :)

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is just so wonderful. I so love this image and so need to get it soon. I think it is so adorable and funny at the same time! Lol! I want to tell you that I don't always comment here but that doesn't mean that I don't follow what your doing. I do want to say that your blog is gorgeous. I love the whimisie that I feel and those blocks below is so great. I love the country feel and I am off to see what LeeLoo blogs have to offer me. Lol! Thanks.