Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cards for a Cause

My oldest daughter's dance company is having a gala dinner fundraiser that includes a silent auction and live auction. I made this set of Christmas cards and matching tote for the silent auction.


I got the directions for the tote from Becky Roberts' blog Inking Idaho. She has some amazing tutorials. I used the one called Becky's Tote-ally Awesome tote. I did modify mine a little. I did 2 pockets on the front instead of 3 and omitted the pocket on the back. I also closed mine with tied ribbon.

For the card, I cased one I found on Everyday Cricut by Melanie. You can see her card here. It is the second card in the post. On my card, I used a Sizzix BG embossing folder on the base. The paper is from an older Creative Memories album kit and the cs is some I got at a LSS that was closing. I used the SU scallop punch on the bottom of the burgundy cs. I cut the cs scallop squares on my cricut at 1 1/4" with Mini Monograms and then cut dp in 1" squares. I used the CM snowflake punch and added a pearl to the center. The tag was cut with the Cricut at 1 1/2" and 1". The sentiment is from SU's Tiny Talk. The ribbon is from Joanne's. My plan was to make 20 cards for the auction but I could barely fit 10 in the tote. Oh, well, I guess I'll have 10 for myself (such a hardship). The same album kit came with dp in blue also so I may make more of them using the blue. I love how this card turned out.
I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
OSAAT: #38 winter wonderland
Anything Goes: #24 Emboss it
Scrap-Creations: christmas cards
One Stop Craft challenge: #105 Embossing
Paper Sundaes: #43 Let it Snow
Crafty Cardmakers: Dry Embossing

I hope you liked my projects today.

20 comments:

Inking Idaho said...

Oh my gosh Michele...this is fabulous! Great job - they are going to love it!!!

Dawn said...

Wow, they will sure love that! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

stitchy said...

Michele, what a neat idea for an auction...that should go real good, it's amazing...I will have to check out that tut site, I love trying new things...thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT - good luck

stitchy xoxox

Peggy said...

Great project and great cards!!! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Sue said...

Hi ya
oh wow this is just gorgeous i would luv to win that, fabulous creation, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

sue said...

gorgeous project thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

gina g said...

Oh my these gorgeous creations i will go check that site out in a minute. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do so love these sort of projects and this one is absolutely beautiful it looks awesome thank you so much for sharing this with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Fiona said...

oh wow...this is fantastic...really stunning. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Chrissie said...

What beautiful projects Michele!
Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at One Stop Card and Crafts.
Chrissie

Lawren said...

What a gorgeous set. That is beautiful.

Chocolate Orange said...

Wow !! What a beautiful gift set.
Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT for our Winter Wonderland challenge.

Choccy x

Lynne said...

Fabulous projects. Good luck with the fund raising. Thank you for joining us over on Anything Goes this week. Love Lynne xx

Cathy said...

Wonderful card. I love the big snowflakes. Nice colors.
Thanks for sharing...

Jenni said...

Fabulous work - will have to check out that tutorial! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Cardmakers this week.
Jenni x

Tracy V. said...

Wow! Love that little tote and all those fab cards!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
Tracy

Kathryn said...

what a fantastic project, I hope you raised a lot of money for the cause, you have worked so hard. Such crisp embossing as well, thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week. K x

Shana said...

Oh wow how gorgeous! What a beautiful gift set! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

Lin said...

What a lovely gift. Good luck with the fund raising.

Thanks for joining our dry embossing challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

Suzy said...

This is stunning!we are having a "gift wrap" challenge at The Paper Variety and would love if you shared your project there http://thepapervariety.blogspot.com/2010/11/week-11-challenge.html :)