Friday, January 7, 2011

Feature Friday blog: Get Your Sketch On

Hello to all my wonderful blogging crafting friends across the world! Welcome to the very first Feature Friday post. I mentioned I wanted to do a couple of new things with my blog this year and this is one of them. My plan is that each Friday I will feature a wonderfully amazing blog. The blogs will include individuals personal blogs, product blogs, informational blogs and any other type of blog I find interesting, helpful and creative but always related to crafting.

Now I would like to introduce you to the very first Feature Friday blog: Get Your Sketch On. GYSO is a brand new blog that will feature scrapbook layout sketch challenges. I love sketches! To me, that is half the work of a layout so if someone else has created a sketch that's super! I can then focus my creativity on paper and embellishment selection and telling the story. The first sketch challenge is up (here)and it is fabulous. Thanks to this great sketch I was able to complete this page:
To celebrate their "opening" of the new blog, Get Your Sketch On is having a contest. They are giving away a $100 gift certificate to a store of you choice! How fabulous is that! You can find the details to this fabulous contest here. If you decide to enter the contest, be sure to include my name (Michele Tinsley) in your blog post.

LO supplies:
paper: CM paper
Embellies: CM paper flowers, Cuttin Up Cricut cartridge
other: CM cutting system, CM decorative trimmer, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
Michele

5 comments:

Bree said...

I love this layout.
Thanks for playing along with GYSO!

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Great job with the sketch. I love your color scheme and title work.

Kerryn said...

Oh that's awesome! Thanks for playing along at GYSO :).

cindyn said...

Great layout!! I especially love how your flower embellies resemble the flower in one of your pictures!
Thanks for playing along with all of us! More great sketches to come!

Val said...

Cute layout!! Thanks for joining us at GYSO!