Saturday, January 15, 2011

GYSO sketch #2

I was finally able to sit down and work on a page for sketch #2 at Get Your Sketch On. Here is the sketch for this week:

Since I crop my photos before I have them printed it was a little difficult to find photos I could work with for the sketch. I finally decided upon some photos of my youngest dd and her best friend. The 52 week challenge on the scrapbook goal thread on SCS was to use lots of flowers on your layout. Yep, I've got that covered! The challenge at the Scrap and Stamp blog was "anything goes', it just needs to be a layout and have at least one stamp on it. Yep, got that too!



Stamping is not something I normally do on my layouts just like using my Cricut for cards is not something I normally do. This year I would like to try and break that habit. I stamped the white cs with the border in SU Vintage Vogue set in Pear Pizazz and the floral swirl in each corner in Blushing Bride. I also stamped the F in Pear Pizazz and cut it out. There are three little butterflies in some of the flower centers. I first stamped the floral swirl in Blushing Bride and then punched the butterflies out. I did the same thing with the title before cutting it out with Alphalicious cartridge.

This LO also qualifies for the following challenges:
Stamp Something: anything goes but must be stamped
CES Challenge: #19 no designer papers
Whoopsie Daisy: no designer papers
Stampin B's: use die cuts

(update: this page made Top 5 at Get Your Sketch On!)

Supplies:
paper: CM
ink: SU Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz, CM brown pen
stamps: SU Vintage Vogue
other: CM paper flowers, Cricut cartridges Accent Essentials (scallop circles) & Alphaliscious, Jillie Bean Soup journal sprout, CM butterfly punch, Me & My Big Ideas (big butterfly), misc gems

Thanks for stopping by!
Michele

15 comments:

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

SUPER cute layout! So glad to have you join us this week at WHOOPSI DAISY challenge:)

Bekah said...

Great job combining so many challenges! I really like the stamped border.

Heike said...

Wow, wonderful Layout. Thanks for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge.

Hugs Heike ♥

Benzi said...

What a wonderful page and I really like how you framed it. Love butterflies. Great job!!

Thanks for joining the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous page.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Mona E said...

Ooohhh...such a sweet LO. Love all those little embellies. Thanks for playing with us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

crafty amy said...

This is brilliant and I think you get bonus points for scrapping without DP! Your little ones are so cute :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Emmas Store and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Sue said...

Hi ya
fabulous page, very pretty embelies & design, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Jodi said...

This is stunning! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at GYSO!

A'laEmmeli said...

Thank you so much for your comment in my blog! I loved yours to! Wonderful layout! ♥ Emmeli

Lisa said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Vicky said...

Fabulous page love the layout & the pictures are gorgeous.
Thankyou for joining us girlies at CES Challenges, good luck hun.

Hugs Vicky xx

*Vicki* said...

What a really pretty layout!! Love your Spring-like theme with the colors!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Stamp Something!!HUGs

Deedee Anderson said...

Gorgeous layout, Michele! It has such a fresh, spring-like feel -- such a beautiful frame for your wonderful pictures! Glad you are trying some new things. I think I need to follow your example here! :-)

{Ross} said...

Compliments for the win!!! Fantastic LO! :*