Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's That Wednesday - Clipboard

Hello and welcome to another edition to What's That Wednesday! Today I would like to share a project I made a few weeks ago. On one the forum websites I frequent, Creative Soup, we had a launch party with lots of challenges and games. One of the challenges was to alter a clipboard. I didn't have a clipboard so I made my own.



I save cardboard from paper packs, CM page protector packs and whatever else I get that has the thick cardboard in the packaging. I took one of those pieces and cut to the size I wanted. I then covered the cardboard with my selected paper.

I also have a stash of items I have found while browsing the $1 aisle and $1 bin at Target and Michael's. Some of the things I usually pick up are notepads and post it note pads. I pulled one of each from my stash and used a decorative binder clip to clip the note pad on and made a pocket to hold the post it note pad. I punched a hole in the top left corner with my Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite punch to tie ribbon to hold a pen.

The best thing is all the paper came from my scraps.

Next time you see a project you want to try, first think about what you already have that you can use to make it or something similar.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Michele

3 comments:

mschiddy said...

Clever idea to make your own clipboard! I like how you altered it, too!

KellyS said...

What a creative idea! And think what it did to your S2S bottom line. Way to Go!

Deedee Anderson said...

Great idea, Michele, and so adorably put together! I am really appreciating your tips about ways to repurpose materials and save on crafting supplies -- thank you!