Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What's That Wednesday

Hello crafty blogging friends! I am so glad you stopped by today. This is the first of what I hope is many regular posts for I am calling What's That Wednesday. Every other Wednesday I will post a project that I used a non-paper crafting item on. I love going thru the $1 aisles/bins at Target and Michaels' and going thru the Dollar Tree to see what I can find and how it can be transformed.

I was recently browsing through the $1 bins at M's and came across these big flowers. I thought "Wow, that would be great on a card!'. Aren't they fabulous!

The flowers are actually pins. The pins are painted to match the flowers. Even better because I now have two embellishments!

And . . . here is what I did with it! I cut a 12x12 sheet of SU So Saffron into 6x12 so I could have a 6x6 size card. I'm loving that size! I embossed a pink piece of paper I had in my scrap stash and sanded it to bring some of the white out. I added a So Saffron ribbon around the card. I used the pink safety pin from the flower to attach the bunny button and tag to the ribbon. By the way, those tags are old SU ones. Points for me on using old stuff!

So, what do you think? I challenge you to look at things differently because you never know what gem you are passing up.

If you have an idea or a project using something different, drop me an email (fmtinsley@att.net).

This card qualifies for and is submitted to the following challenges:
Sketch and Stash Challenge: #52 sketch & something new/neglected
Moving Along with the Times: #80 old (tags) & new (flower)
Phindy's Place: #37 distressing (sanded embossed paper)
If the Shoe Fits: #61 Ribbon
Speedy the Cat's Challenge: #37 embossing
Simply Create: #34 embossing
Catch the Bug: embossing
Craft Your Passion: #40 Tie one on
Whoopsi Daisy: no designer paper
Delightful Challenges: buttons (the bunny is a button)

Hugs,
Michele

23 comments:

Sue said...

wow these flowers look fabulous,a great bargain and a great idea...love it:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh I love this! Great flower! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

KellyS said...

In 'Taking Flight' by Kelli Rae Robinson, one of her guest artists says to "Search for Sacred in the Ordinary". You've done that famously. You've taken a plain, but pretty, flower and turned it into something Amazing! Go you!

Lynda Nielsen said...

What a pretty card! the flower is terrific, as well as your papers. Thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's Place for this weeks distressing challenge.
Hugs,
Lynda

Jodie Mackrell said...

great card! love the flower!!! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at Catch the bug!

Margaret said...

Fabulous find and a great card you made with it. I need to be more observant. I love using flowers.

Martha said...

fab for sure!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab blooms........thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

almondeyez2000 said...

What a great deal you got! Those flowers are too fab!
Thanks for playing with us at "The Shoe"!

-Tanisha

MiamiKel said...

Go Michelle! Now how FAB is this! I love how you took something and made it into an extra something - wonderfully inspiring! I wish I had kept up this idea on my blog, lol - perhaps you'll jump start my creative side yet once again :) Blessings to you and thank YOU again for the blessing of today + your "helping hand" - love ya! x0x0

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love the flower. Thanks for joining our button challenge at Delight Challenges!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! Beautiful card!!
Thanks for sharing it us at Speedy's Friends.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous! I love the flower just beautiful!

Thank you for joining us Craft Your Passion & OSAAT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

li-bee-ti said...

Super elegant card!
Thank you for playing with us at Simply Create and I hope you'll join us with our next challenge.

sgc said...

Michelle--I will be checking out these flowers! You're right; they really make a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with the Bugaboo challenge.

Sandy said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! Isn't it fun to find a great bargain but even better when you create something amazing with it??? I love it!

Stephanie said...

Great idea for those beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Jill said...

absolutely gorgeous card michelle love the huge flower and how you've used this to make the sketch it works perfectly thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

Shelly said...

This is a fun idea, Michele. Your card is beautiful.

Sande said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy!

Hugs, Sande

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

What a brilliant idea!! I would have never thought of this, so I really appreciate your sharing this card because it is certainly stunning and gives me some ideas on how to use my large flower embellies:) Thanks for joining us at WHOOPSI DAISY challenge as well.

Deedee Anderson said...

Such a lovely card, Michele!!! What a terrific find those flowers were -- don't you love deals like that? I have so many "too big" flowers that I would never have thought to use this way. Thanks so much for the inspiration! :-)

Trish Hughes said...

wonderful job, thanks for playing along with SC!!!