Thursday, March 10, 2011

Scrapbook Variety Challenge

Did I mention that I am now the Scrapbook Variety Challenge hostess on Splitcoast Stampers? Yep, I am! I am so excited about this. Last year I seemed to focus more on cards and less on scrapbooking so I am trying to balance that out this year. Being the hostess, I know I'll at least get 1 page a week done. LOL!
I thought I would share the sample pages I have made so far and hopefully inspire you to come join in my challenge each week. All the challenges can be found on SCS here.

This first page was for SBVC139 - Texting Shortcuts (use texting lingo on your page).

The layout for this page is Valerie Salmon's sketch 91 at Got Sketch. I love her sketches! All the paper is CM and the middle strip is CM paper ribbon. The buttons are CM paper buttons and the sun is a chipboard piece.

This next page is SBVC140- A Banner Day (use a banner on your page).

The sketch is SBSC258B on SCS. The paper is SU Rainbow Sherbet. I cut the banner triangles out with my cricut and Make the Cut. They are popped up with dimensionals.

This page is for SBVC141 - March Month of Holidays (use a bizarre or crazy March holiday as your inspiration).
I used a border I made last year that used a CM spring addition set. This is for Take a Walk in the Park Day which is March 30th.

That brings me to this week. This week's challenge is SBVC142 - Frame It (frame a photo instead of matting it).

The bg is SU cs. The basket, butterfly and border are from a border swap I did last year. For my frame I took one of the photo mats from the swap and cut out the center and placed the photo behind it.

I hope you come over and join my challenges at SCS.

Hugs,
Michele

No comments: