Monday, January 2, 2012

SUO35 - Valentine Owls

I finally made it into my craft room! Woo hoo! I have lots of new stamp sets and tools to play with so I'm excited to finally be able to. Challenges are a great way to help with motivation and inspiration. SUO (SU-Only) challenge 35 provided me with inspiration for this card. The challenge was to use punches in a way that they are the focal point.


I used some new and some old for this card. There are a couple of sneak peaks from the SU Occasions Mini catalog. The dp is from a designer series pack called Twitterpated and the hearts are made with a new embosslit for the Big Shot called Fashionable Hearts. I think I may have my husband's Valentine card!


Supplies used (all SU):
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Twitterpated dp
Ink: Basic Black
Delightful Dozen stamp set, Red/White Baker's Twine
Owl Builder punch, Eyelet Border punch
Fashionable Hearts Embosslits, Dimensionals

I hope you like my project!
Happy Stampin'
Michele

2 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

This is delightful! I love these little owls, and especially the way you've colored them with card stock and DSP. Just darling - and thanks for sharing this with the SUO Challenges Design Team!

Heidi Baks said...

Awww, how cute are these two? Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.