Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Smarties Topper

Today's project started out as a possible workshop project for last month but when I couldn't find Smarties anywhere, I had to go to plan B which you saw yesterday. These Smarties happened to be left from a Halloween project. You don't need Smarties for this project though. I used the 1"x8" cellophane bags that were in the Holiday mini but has been carried over so you can still get them. Any slender treat will fit in the bags including pencils, pixi sticks, and loose small pieces of candy.


I used my SU markers on the strawberry from the P.S. I Love You set and stamped it inside the heart circle from the same stamp set which was stamped in Real Red. This was then punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. I punched a Real Red scallop circle and stapled to the bag and covered the staple with circle punched image. I punched a second red scallop and adhered to the back. The tag was made by inking the stamp (from P.S. I Love You) with the SU markers and punching out with the Decorative Label punch. I sponged the edges with Choc. Chip ink. I punched a hole in the topper and the tag and attached with Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.

Supplies:
paper - Real red, Very Vanilla
ink - Real Red, Choc. Chip, Pear Pizzazz
stamp - P.S. I Love You (125462 clear, 125460 wood)
other - 1 3/8" circle punch (119860), 1 3/4" scallop circle punch (119854),Decorative label punch (120907), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (123125), sponge,stapler



thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin Blessings,
Michele

No comments: