Friday, September 28, 2012

Vintage Christmas

I made this card for Late Night Stampers Challenge 192 - Tearing paper.   I made a card for my daughter's birthday last fall that was vintage looking (you can see it at the bottom of this post).  I liked it so much that I CASEd myself for this one.   
I colored the image with cherry cobble and always artichoke and a blender pen.  You can use the clear blocks as an ink palette.  Scribble ink on the block and pick it up with the blender pen.  To get a similar tearing pattern on multiple layers, line the layers up and tear them together.   



The inside of the card and a closeup of the flowers.  I used the retired 5 petal flower punch and the crochet trim. 

My daughter's birthday card from last year that inspired the Christmas card.

Supplies:
Christmas card
Stamps: Christmas Blessings
Ink:  black stazon, cherry cobbler, always artichoke, choc chip
Paper: Sahara sand, always artichoke, very vanilla, First Edition dsp, cherry cobbler
Other: 5/8" crocheted trim, Neutral brads (retired), pearls, 5 petal flower punch, decorative label punch, spritzer, alcohol, dimensionals

Birthday Card
Stamps: Bliss (SAB set)
Ink: Night of navy, choc chip
Paper: Sahara sand, night of navy, very vanilla, First Edition dsp,
Other: 5/8" crocheted trim, Neutral brads (retired), 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, decorative label punch,

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my Vintage Christmas. 

Happy Stampin'
Michele

2 comments:

Cathie said...

congrats on winning the challenge. love your card

Kelly said...

They're both lovely, Michele!