Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin box

An idea hit me today on how to make a pumpkin box like the mummy box I posted last week.  If you didn't see it, you can find the post here.  It is an adorable mummy!  It also fit perfectly for this week's LNS challenge to make a Halloween project.  Anyway, I headed to my craft studio and started working on it.  This is what I came up with. 
Isn't it adorable!  How did I do it you ask?  I cut a piece of pumpkin pie with the Adorning Accents edgelit die.  I cut one side and then flipped the die and cut again to give the curved look.  The curved part is the middle section of the edgelit die.  I sponged this part with pumpkin pie ink before adhering that piece to another piece of pumpkin pie lining it up so the curve ends at the bottom of the top note, and cut with the top note die.   Clear as mud right?   I sponged the edges of the cut piece with pumpkin pie ink.  The leaves were cut with the Autumn Accents Bigz die and embossed with the Wood Grain embossing folder.   The eyes are 1/2" circle punch with a white highlight.   I used the Round Tab punch.


Here is how I used the punch to make the mouth.   

A happy smile!

Supplies:
ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic black
Other: Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon  Big Shot, Top Note die, wood grain embossing folder, Adorning Accents edgelit die,  1/2" circle punch, round tab punch, sponges

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you liked my happy pumpkin!  

Happy Stampin'!
Michele

1 comment:

Jonia said...

This is just too cute! I love it and thanks for sharing and playing with LNS this week!