Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pinterest Case

 The challenge last week for the LNS demo group I'm in was to CASE a card from Pinterest.   I chose this card by Karen Squires.   For my version, I left off the fourth layer and used Riding Hood Red as my base and 3/8" taffeta Riding Hood Red ribbon. 
 
 I used the Joy stamp from the Perfect Punches set and punched it with the 1 3/8" circle punch and then added it to the 1 3/4" scallop circle in Always Artichoke.
 I used the Fancy Fan embossing folder on the base.

I also embossed the ornament stamp from Merry & Type by stamping first in VersaMark, then Riding Hood Red ink and them heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I love using this technique when I don't have embossing powder in the color I want!  I sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla cs with Crumb Cake ink to age it.   I seem to gravitate towards a vintage look. 

Supplies used:
Stamps - Merry & Type, Perfect Punches
Paper - Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink - Riding Hood Red, VersaMark, Crumb Cake
Other - 3/8" Taffeta Riding Hood ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, clear embossing powder, Fancy Fan embossing folder, dimensionals.

So, what do you think?  Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope I have provided a little inspiration for you to get INKY!
 
Michele

1 comment:

MJ said...

This is just beautiful, love the embossing! Thanks for the tip on embossing without the colored embossing powder. And thanks for playing along with LNS this week! Awesome card.