Friday, November 16, 2012

Tom Turkey

Hello and welcome to SU Stars November Gratitude/Thanks Blog Hop!   I am so excited to be the first stop on the hop.  I know you are going to find lots of inspiration as you continue through all the fabulous projects ahead.  Here is the lineup for this month's blog hop:
1. Me!
2. Krafting with Karen
3. Denise Foor Studio PA
4. Robin's Craft Room
5. Creative Designs by Jackie
6. Stampin' at Dawn
If you get lost along the way, you can come back here or the SU Stars home page to get back on track. 

I have a cute and fun Tom Turkey to show you today.   The idea for him came about when I was making the Mummy box, which can be found here.  I thought these boxes were cute and easy to make using the Top Note die.  While cutting out ornamens with the Holiday Ornaments dies, I noticed how a couple could make feathers.  Voila, a turkey is born! 



I cut the turkey out in Chocolate Chip using the Top Note die.  The feathers are cut with one of the ornament dies from the Holiday Ornament set in the Holiday mini catalog.  I used More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Bravo Burgundy.  The eyes were made with the 1 3/8" circle and the 1/2" circle punches.  The nose is the triangle from the Petite Pennants Builder punch and the wittle is a petal from the Blossom Petal Builder. 
 
The box is made from River Rock.  I cut it 5 1/2" x 11" and scored across the long side at 3", 5", 8", 10". On the short side at 1 1/2".  Cut off the little rectangle that is 1"x1 1.5".  Cut the score lines on the 1 1/2" section to make the bottom.   Assemble and attach Tom Turkey.   Isn't he a cutie? 
 
Just for fun, here are other turkeys I made last week for a bake sale.   Four hours and forty turkeys later, we were done.  Yes, they are 100% edible! 
 
Supplies for the turkey box
Paper: River Rock, Choc. Chip, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Other:  Top Note die, Holiday Ornament die, Big Shot, Petite Pennant Punch, Blossom Petal Builder, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed my Tom Turkey.   Now, hop on over to your next stop, Karen Gibson's blog, and see what she created for you!
 
Happy Stampin'
Michele

8 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Luscious looking turkeys! I especially like them all lined up in the box!

Krafting Karen said...

OMG how cute! Great job Michele!

Carey said...

These are way too cute. TFS

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Denise Foor said...

How sweet is this? Love your Tom Turkey!

Jackie Watson said...

Love them, love them all. I have made Frankenstien boxex but never Turkey, will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing. Your Turkey pops look so yummy!!

Janice said...

Great turkey! I think I need to case it for my grand kids! They will love it.

Jackie Watson said...

Yes, Michelle I love your Turkey, he is adorable, the the Turkey pops look oh so yummy!

Brenda Hugar said...

Great turkeys!